@cindy brandt
It might be that the 16/2 bandwidth is sufficient for 50 users but
it might also  be right up to the limit for two access points. (The vendor's
site indicates no more than 24 per users Access Point)

To narrow it down, I would put a client hard wired through
a 100mb or a gigabit switch through cat-6 to the TZ190 in addition
to the access points and see if that client exhibits the same performance
degradation that the wireless clients do.

I addition, I would test throughput by transferring files within
the local network from workstation to workstation, or workstation to server and
see if there is a difference between the wired client and
a wireless client.

Rocky

from the vendor website:
http://www.engeniustech.com/datacom/products/resources.aspx?faq=8&ID=170

How many clients can associate to an Access Point?
An Access Point is a shared medium and acts as a wireless hub. The performance
of each user decreases as the number of users increases on an individual AP.
Ideally, not more than 24 clients should associate with the AP because the
throughput of the AP is reduced with each client that associates to the AP.