From: b_s-wilk [mailto:b1sun...@yahoo.es]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: silvery

Jeff Miles <jmile...@charter.net> excribió:

>     You remind me of my uncle, fun wise. He's moving to Mexico. He's in his
> mid 70s.  His wife, mid 60s, but I never asked. Anyway, I've been looking at
> a house two blocks up the street I've always wanted, but moving is such a
> pain. I'll stick with what I've got.

>     It's not must moving all the stuff, that's bad enough, but all the
> services and everything, what a pain. And I have a 5000 gallon pond, what
> would I do with that?

>     Like I said, you remind me of my uncle. Don't get to attached, give
> things up and off you go.

My grandfather [the prestidigitator] used to say, "Don't have too many

possessions because they will possess you!" [he also said, "They're all

fakes!"]

George Carlin sez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac -- but we

still have too much stuff. I travel with a 21" carry-on and a messenger

bag for trips as long as a month. I have to check my suitcase even

though it's small enough to fit in the overhead cabinets above the

seats, thanks to Homeland In-Security, because I have dangerous things

like shampoo, hair gel, and a small Swiss army knife that I use for its

corkscrew and scissors. They let me carry plastic utensils that can cut

food [and people], AND unprotected passports. I could carry a sharpened

credit card on board, but passports remain unprotected as delivered.

Homeland In-Security is confused about safety and when profiling

passengers is both appropriate and legal.