On Aug 8, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Jordan wrote:
I don't know if this is just for Tom or if others have an understanding of this but: I'm considering starting List for a local food group I'm involved with. I've started looking at some manuals from L-Soft and AOL, and they are voluminous. The LISTSERV list owners guide looks like it will tell me where one can be started and how to start one but do you have any suggestions of where, or anything else that might be helpful?

STOP.

Look at Google Groups or Yahoo Groups. Both very good and simple. Many more features too.

These options were not available when this List started and we remain here through inertia. That is what I would do if I were starting today.