NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) rechargeable batteries in AA and AAA format abound
for use in digital cameras. Made by various manufacturers.  Generally they are
used and recharged in pairs, which makes the use of a single AAA in the
keyboard a bit problematical.  I have used them in cameras, but generally
don't, because they self-discharge over time, and I'm a person who may not use
his camera for six months or more, but want it ready-to-go when I pick it up.
I use non-rechargeable lithium batteries made by Eveready/Energizer (Bunny),
because they store a whole lot more energy / last a whole lot longer (several
times more) than even the best of the alkaline batteries.

I think you can do OK with the NiMH batteries / charger purchased anywhere,
e.g., Radio Shack, Best Buy, Penn Camera, etc.

The fully-charged voltage of an NiMH battery is a bit below the new voltage of
an alkaline battery (1.55 v).  That may cause a problem in some applications.

Fred Holmes