supposedly been fixed.  I'll find out for myself in just a little bit.

From:    "t.piwowar" <t...@tjpa.com>

Reviewing Apple's tech notes I'm seeing many small changes and
improvements that I think will make Mac users far happier than flashy
new features. This may be the upgrade that finally fixes the Finder.

"The Finder has been completely rewritten using the modern Cocoa
framework in Mac OS X, taking advantage of the new technologies in
Snow Leopard--including 64-bit support and Grand Central Dispatch. The
familiar Finder interface is unchanged, but you will discover the
Finder is faster and more responsive."
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3737