At 11:03 PM 8/28/2009 -0400, you wrote:
Has anyone had trouble with Windows Update, when using any of those versions?

The only trouble I'm having is that MS seems to be pushing IE8--even after I've declined to install it 3 times now, and have "hidden" that update. I don't use IE (except for updates), and don't want an update.

I have auto updates set for notifications, but if you use the icon at the bottom of the screen, you do not get to see what is downloading. You do get a chance to see what the updates are before you install them. I suspect I have downloaded IE8...maybe even twice, but have not allowed the install.

I'm using XP Home SP3.

Sue