On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM, b_s-wilk<b1sun...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> The World Health Organization report is here,
> http://www.who.int/whr/2000/media_centre/press_release/en/index.html.

  I am sure that to many people, some of whom are very likely to be
members of this list, the WHO is nothing but another cog in the wheel
of the anti-American organization known as the United Nations that
should be thrown out of this country because too many of its member
states do not agree with a lot of what our government is doing around
the world, especially in terms of our pervasive military presence.
These same folks will dismiss anything that the WHO says just as
quickly as you or I may dismiss some findings of the Cato Institute or
other institutions of a similar bent.

  Searching the internet with my computer seems to verify that
according to an apparently overwhelming majority of entities that
evaluate medical systems around the world, the system in the United
States is generally not nearly as good as a number of others, and
given that we claim to be the most powerful and richest nation on
earth, is thus particularly pathetic in light of our available
resources.

  Steve