On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Jordan wrote:
The nice Apple keyboard that I use on the iMac has a problem.  The cde and 3
keys have stopped working. Is there anything I can tinker with that might fix
this? It's a couple years old, but does anyone think Apple will do anything for
me on this?

CDE not working suggests that it is the matrix wire that serves that row of keys. You may be able to get inside to reseat a ribbon cable, but it probably won't be easy. Problem could be electronics and definitely not fixable. New one is $50 and a very nice keyboard it is. Third-party keyboards are $20.

I agree that you probably need a new keyboard. Now that you have nothing to lose, open the keyboard and try to fix it yourself anyway.

Betty