I never said it wouldn't store the attributes.  That's exactly what it is
doing.  If you zip the file and then burn it to cd, it only locks the zip
file.

Windows xp and vista/7 seem to decide that since you are moving a file to a
cd, it will lock the file from being changed.  Tom's problem is even after
moving the files from cd to HD he can't change that back.  So you zip the
files you want to move, then burn it to cd, it only locks the zip file.