"phartz...@gmail.com" <phartz...@gmail.com> escribió:

US Chamber of Commerce cites #19 rank, wants tougher IP laws http://tinyurl.com/lkcdsh

IP laws won't be effective in the US until the copyright and patent laws are rewritten to be in compliance with Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution. Intellectual property belongs to the creators not to the distributors. Fake IP schemes like the DMCA, and extending copyrights to corporations and heirs, hurt artists/creators/inventors, and should be deemed unconstitutional. Naturally the CoC wants more of the same anti-IP legislation.

Can we blame CoC for being #22 and #15 too?

--------

The embarrassment of American broadband
In the country that invented the Internet, why is Net access so bad?
by Jonathan Seff, Macworld.com

The Internet was born and and raised in the United States. Yet—thanks to
slow speeds, inconsistent availability, and bandwidth caps—we now lag
the rest of the world when it comes to broadband Net access...

...According to Point Topic (a UK-based market-research company), there
were 79 million broadband subscribers in the U.S. at the end of
2008—that’s 19 percent of the world’s total, second only to China’s 83
million. (The report defines broadband as anything faster than 256Kbps.)
However, at roughly 26 percent, the U.S. ranked 22nd out of 113
countries in terms of broadband penetration by population...in a
separate study, the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and
Development (OECD) recently estimated that (as of June 2008) 25 percent
of the U.S. population had broadband access, ranking the U.S. 15th out
of the OECD’s 30 member countries...The speed and price of broadband in
the U.S. is shameful as well...

http://snipurl.com/s06zl