I routinely receive client cds that won't play in one drive. I have
two on my machine, but before I give up on a cd I try all the other
drives I can find in the house first. Clean it off too; sometimes just
a good belly rub will get one to read.

You'll probably want to offload all the data as soon as you can get it
to read. Burning another disk may be problematic, if indeed your drive
is losing alignment. If it's not a lot, but important, consider cloud
storage - that's the safest these days.

CDs are optical, not magnetic, media. The dye on a cd can be corrupted
by temperature and light, but not an old style CRT monitor with it's
magnetic field. LCD monitors do not generate these types of fields
anyway as there's no high voltage involved.