> http://tinyurl.com/yk57ff9

It is not just Apple. Are not most products that are sold via download sold
with no-refund policy? Even boxed software is sold this way too. If the box
is opened you can't return it. The problem is that anyone can demand a
refund and keep using the software.

I guess this policy could change if Apple could reach into your iPhone and
take the product back -- Kindle style. Are you for that?

Of course not. I don't like Kindles for many reasons, and that completes the deal-breaking. I rarely buy boxed software that I haven't tried first before purchasing.

Many applications, both shareware and commercial, have demo versions that automatically disable after 14-28 days unless you purchase and register them. An iPhone app that costs $100 and doesn't work should at least have a demo version to try before paying. Adobe has demo versions. Even M$ has demo versions. Apple has free trial versions of their software too.

It's not a stretch to do the same for the iPhone and iPod Touch software through the iTunes App Store. Perhaps Apple could have an assortment of more expensive software installed on demo iPods/iPhones at the Apple stores and at authorized vendors so potential customers can take a test drive.

Betty