In a recent interview I saw on CNET-TV Ballmer keeps repeating that Apple only has 3.5% of the market.
http://cnettv.cnet.com/cnet-conversations-microsoft-steve-ballmer/9742-1_53-50077774.html

I knew that was way wrong so I checked on recent stats. Ballmer should be embarassed because Apple is actually just shy of 10% -- and that's only if you count unit sales. Apple is also growing at close to 12% while the rest of the industry has an growth rate that is barely over 2%.
http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28566/53/
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/10/14/mac_sales_grow_11_8_as_apple_takes_9_4_u_s_market_share.html

Measured in terms of revenue Apple is upwards of 25%. If you consider that their profit margin is higher than the average PC maker it is likely that Apple's share of the profits is above 30%. Wow!
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2008/03/18/share

Talk about working smarter, not harder! Sure beats whistling in the graveyard.