I appreciate your comment/advice. It makes good sense. But let me reassure you
that I believe I know how far I can go before this jeopardizes my well
being/work... Besides, trying to understand what goes wrong with humans (my
work) sometimes has some things in common with computers... Both require
patience and a willingness to suspend judgement while you gather more data...
In the case of this computer, yes I will take in consideration your view: it
may not be recoverable...

Marcio