This was the kind of issue that I was really wondering about when I made the initial post on this.

tjpa wrote:
On Oct 27, 2009, at 9:42 AM, Stephen Brownfield wrote:
According to the Daily Mail, the ICANN board will pass a resolution this Friday that will allow entire Web addresses to be written in non-Latin alphabets.

There were several false starts on this that created huge security holes. The biggest one was using non-Latin characters that look like Latin characters to create deceptive URLs. Securing us from such exploits falls to the browser makers. I have not read anything recently about their solving this. Has anyone read anything to assure us?