Rev. Stewart Marshall
 <trying to drag this back to 'puters - sort of>
> Verizon also did not want to be stuck with the
> problems.  From what I understood Apple wanted
> everything but was willing to give nothing.
> Verizon said we wont play that game.

I'm not so sure that it wasn't more that Verizon and
Apple wanted opposite ends of the control spectrum.
They both wanted to control the platform, I don't
know who walked or if AT&T wanted the same thing and
blinked first.

> So Apple approached ATT and ATT jumped at the deal
> because they needed a way to bring more folks in.
> (Sounds a lot like deceptive marketing to me).

How much worse was AT&T's network that Verizon's at the
iPhone intro?  As I understand it, the iPhone eats data
service like candy.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly