On Nov 30, 2009, at 1:12 PM, COMPUTERGUYS-L automatic digest system wrote:

Date:    Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:26:37 -0500
From:    Stephen Brownfield <steveei...@verizon.net>
Subject: Drop Box

Has anyone used Drop Box?  What are the pros & cons?

Steve

There's no real cons. I use Dropbox on my Macbook, Windows 7 running in VirtualBox, a Ubuntu machine and my wife's iBook. Documents saved in the Dropbox folder exist in the cloud and on every machine you run Dropbox on. lt is great for really important current documents. It doesn't take the place of a good backup strategy. It is a very useful tool. Items too large to email can be placed in the public folder inside your Dropbox. Right clicking on the item allows you to copy a url you can email and that will trigger a download. Up to 2gb it's free with no ads. I love it. I find it hard to believe that everyone on this list doesn't use it.

David Newhall
Falls Church, Va