My G5 1.8 dual is getting a bit long in the tooth. At !0.39 it did everything I wanted it to but now several apps I want to update require 10.4 or later.

10.4 is no longer available (except at outrageous prices) and a 10.5 upgrade requires 10.4

My processor is a ppc so 10.6 is out for me. I didn't expect this machine to become a white elephant so soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated as 299$ for a scalped copy of 10.4 is out of the realm for me right now.

TIA,
John