My G5 1.8 dual is getting a bit long in the tooth.    At !0.39 it did
everything I wanted it to but now several apps I want to update require 10.4 or
later.

10.4 is no longer available (except at outrageous prices) and a 10.5 upgrade
requires 10.4

My processor is a ppc so 10.6 is out for me.

Amazing. Leopard costs more now than when it was released!

I'll ask around. I know some people who upgraded their iMacs recently. I think at least one may have the OEM version and not the one that came with their computer. One might be willing to part with it.