Sounds like more MS bad advertising ideas...make a problem that wasn't
really a problem seem like it's been fixed.  Who knows, the only time I've
seen this issue is either when malware etc is on the machine or in network
situations where the admin has written bad scripts that run on login.
Otherwise, my machine is ready before my monitor wakes up from sleep.  I
know this because one of my monitors wakes up faster then the other.