I went into Harbor Freight about a year ago to just look around, I had no
plans on buying anything.  I found a 10 piece set of pliers for 8 dollars.
All of them still work great, two of them sit in a junk drawer for small
household needs, they do exactly what a 20 dollar or 25 dollar pair would do
except I paid less than a dollar for it.  I have a cheap set of sockets I
keep inside also..I keep the more expensive craftsman in my truck.