I guess it's different habits.  I base my feelings on the books I read for
years, especially Asimov, when I think about robots.  And in most the
commercials, they talk about getting stuff done, not much bombing going
on...but I get your feeling on them, as I said they remind me of Michael Bay
movies.

I say Data from Star Trek, you go Hector from Saturn 3.  The Maria robot was
created by a mad scientist, so it's not really the robots fault how she is.
I'd say Giskard is one of the more pure examples from Asimov because it
could make choices beyond it's programming.  And those choices were for the
well being of humans it loved.