The following is an excerpt from Jason Calacanis's newest email about the
recent change in Facebook TOS.  If you are a FB user, you may want to read
it.

In this case, if you simply click through the windows you've exposed
all of your private Facebook information, including comments, friends,
pictures and status updates, to "everyone." In other words clicking
through changes everything in Facebook terms--unlike every other
license or update screen you've experienced in your life.

I'm sorry, what the frack just happened? I turned over my friend list,
photos and status updates to everyone in the world? Why on earth would
anyone do that with their Facebook page?

The entire purpose of Facebook since inception has been to share your
information with a small group of people in your private network.
Everyone knows that and everyone expects that. In fact, Facebook's
success is largely based on the face that people feel save putting
their private information on Facebook.

When you do get to the second page a series of confusing radio buttons
default--yes defaults--to giving everyone access to your social graph.
Wow. I've been using the internet since before images were supported.
I've been a member of every social network since Six Degrees and Ryze,
almost a decade before Facebook became available to the public, and I
was confused by their settings page. An average user, certainly, has
no idea what is going on by these changes.

So why is Facebook trying to trick their users?

Simple: search results.

Facebook is trying to dupe hundreds of millions of users they've spent
years attracting into exposing their data for Facebook's personal
gain: pageviews. Yes, Facebook is tricking us into exposing all our
items so that those personal items get indexed in search
engines--including Facebook's--in order to drive more traffic to
Facebook.