If I do a reinstall for anyone, I usually make sure I am using as up to date an OS disk as possible. Then whatever updates need to be installed get installed. (I download them to a separate machine and load them onto the reinstalled machine.)

When all that is done I make sure the Internet is functioning. Then I install a antivirus program. (Antivirus programs traditionally want an Internet connection to download updates.)

Stewart