Thank you Betty and all!
This is one of the best posts in a while.

Robert Michael Abrams wrote:
On Jan 9, 2010, at 1:47 PM, b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es> wrote:

Tom Sharpe | The New Mexican

A Santa Fe man who says he suffers from electromagnetic sensitivity is suing his next-door neighbor for refusing to turn off her cell phone and other electronic devices...[He] cannot stay in a hotel, because hotels and motels all employ wi-fi connections, which trigger a severe illness," says the request for a preliminary injunction...

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Story/Wi-Fi-foe-sues-neighbor-for-using-electronics

The first parallel which came to mind (well, MY mind, at any rate) was that of Moslem extremists who "claim," due to whatever "sensitivity" comes from that particular form of narrow-mindedness, to be somehow inherently intolerant of not just all other religions, but also of any cultural or technological progress since, quite literally, the Dark Ages. What, in any meaningful terms, is the existential or philosophical difference between this New Mexican Luddite claiming, without any empirical evidence to support the claim, that his neighbor's use of photons in this manner is harshing the Luddite's mellow, and a Taliban mullah claiming that "modern" or "Western" values, like freedom, liberty and democracy, which give people the ability to worship, learn, and achieve as they please (rather than as the mullah pleases for them), harshes his? I think both the mullah and the Luddite are saying something like this: "If I cannot bring myself to accept it, given my narrow, subjective, and utterly arbitrary criteria, then I forbid you to accept it, as well."

Please, somebody, tell me, so I can get my minimum daily adult requirement of irony, that the Luddite has either a blog or a Facebook page.

               Bob

I'm on the case, from outer space!

OK
End