Yes, both based on Clarke's short story "Childhood's End"

And in the novel, the action takes place around Saturn, not Jupiter.  The
rings would have made the graphic work even harder.

But nowhere, in any of the WRITTEN work, will you find the IMAGE I gave the
link to. That is from the movie.

You are trying to create an argument where there is none.