On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM, John Duncan Yoyo
<johnduncany...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well she is a reporter and doesn't need to be the brightest bulb on the
> strip.
>
> I would not expect to see much in the way of liquid water or slush on the
> ground if she had anything resembling an accurate reading.

  I must say that I became immediately suspicious that she, or someone
else, may have intentionally calibrated that digital thermometer in a
manner to cause it to give a low reading for dramatic purposes, but
did not realize that it had been set to come up with such a wildly
inaccurate reading.  All pure speculation, but I do know how TV loves
to overly dramatize things to keep viewers glued to their televisions
in order to please advertisers who are, in fact, their only customers.

  Steve