"eWEEK Labs analysts picked the 25 Technologies that Changed the Decade. The products and technologies were chosen based on the impact they had not only on the decade that was but on the decade that will be."

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Management/LABS-GALLERY-25-DecadeShaping-Technologies-718694/

There are so many excellent choices. I like Mac OS X and the iPod Touch, but multi-core processors, WiFi and blade servers rate at least as high. I'll even give a nod to Windows XP, even though I got a message to confirm with M$ for the first time last week on a system I've been using for 5 years--it's superior to both previous and subsequent systems, so far.

The tough challenge with this list is to choose the _least_important_ technology.