> On Feb 22, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Jeff Miles wrote:

>> And on a completely different subject, has anyone had any luck with a
>> scanner on OS X? I have 3 and they all give me problems. 2 of them are all
>> in one devices.

  I have had good luck.  A recent Epson scanner that was purchased
runs beautifully and even an older Microtek runs under OS 10.5 after a
couple of manipulations were done to the original Microtek scanning
software that was written for 10.3 and is not supposed to work in any
Mac OS above that version.

  Steve