To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Evil people [Was: Re: [CGUYS] FCC head calls for broadband availability]

Check out OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan)

I think they have the same rates you quote Tom.

By the way it is done very similarly to what the insurance plans do down here.

They negotiate a set rate with Doctors and Hospitals etc.

The biggest difference is that they limit technology. Where we might have 1 CT machine and MRI for 25K they would be 1 CT machine and MRI to 250K.

One statistic that has been shown to be true down here, is introduce more technology and doctors use it, plus are encouraged to use it to justify costs of obtaining it.

Stewart