On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Art Clemons <artclem...@aol.com> wrote:

> Once again, we aren't sure what really happened.  We also know that the
> District claims that only laptops reported missing or stolen were
> activated ala the claims in the following URL:
>
> http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/86444922.html

  We really do not know everything, but the school system did admit to
failing to inform any of the parents about the potential for spying.
To my way of thinking that is a very big deal in and of itself,
particularly since that school system administration is stuffed with
lawyers.  As it was, the capacity to spy was the sole means by which
lost or stolen laptops could be located, yet no one outside the school
administration knew of that.

  Steve