<http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/live-from-apples-iphone-os-4-event/>

All of our arguments over multitasking will soon be moot.
At the iPhone OS 4 preview today, Steve Jobs has announced
that the next iPhone OS will allow multitasking:

"Now we weren't the first to this party, but we're gonna be the
best. Just like cut and paste.  ... It's easy to do this in a way that
drains battery life, and a way that reduces performance of the
foreground app. If you don't do it right, your phone will feel
sluggish."

Other things:  Folders for apps to keep them organized,
support for multiple exchange accounts, in iBooks you can
buy once and read anywhere,a social gaming network (Aaggh!
To borrow David Letterman's joke about the iPad, it's going to
revolutionize the way people procrastinate.), and another thing
I am dubious about, a mobile advertisement API.  Jobs touted
it as a way to deliver ads more effectively and  less obtrusively
in ad-supported free apps, but I am dubious.