Apple had a decade on MS at one point according to Steve Jobs and dropped
the ball.  We'll see if that changes with this new battlefield.  Apple
seemingly has the same type of disadvantage with their product only being
sold on one network while MS can get it's new phone on any network, and
don't forget Android could be the spoiler of both.