On 3/5/2011 1:04 PM, Gail Miller wrote:
If you're using iTunes, you can move the library file to the external
drive, and use it on both machines. Topic for another thread.

I DO use ITunes and I do store my music files on the External drive. So
... are you saying that I could use EITHER machine to sync my IPod? That

Well, I don't have any iThings (un-American, I know), so can't really answer that one.

Could you explain a little more? My IPod is the Nano with the radio.
It's just about a year old -- the 4th Generation, I think.

As far as moving your library so you can use it on both machines, there's a fairly detailed explanation here: <http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/>

Since you've already got the *media* moved to the external, you just need to move the *database* to it, and point iTunes to the new location.

The best part about having the database travel with the media is, if you buy a new song from iTunes, or import a new CD on one machine, it'll automatically show up on the other.

**   THIS LIST HAS MOVED TO YAHOO    **
**  PLEASE JOIN THE DISCUSSION THERE **
**   Info at http://www.cguys.org/   **