Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Stephen Warren wrote:
>> A couple of license-related questions
>>
>> 1) The file libconcord/win/setupapi.h states:
>>
>> Copyright (c) 1995-1997 Microsoft Corporation
>>
>> This certainly isn't GPL, but it's possible MS allows redistribution.
>>
>> The thing is, I'd expect any Windows C compiler (or perhaps the platform
>> SDK) to include this header, so I'm not sure why libconcord needs to
>> ship it at all?
>
> I'd expect that too, but Kevin did all of the Windows stuff based on some
> version of Visual C++ from like... 1942. That's why we have all kinds of
> stuff. If someone with greater knowledge of the platform than I wants to
> speak on how much this is needed I'm definitely happy to entertain nuking
> them.

It looks like we don't need to ship setupapi.h at all.

I deleted this file from libconcord, made sure I had the Microsoft
Platform SDK installed, opened the .sln file using MS Visual Studio 2005
Express, adjusted the include paths to point at the platform SDK, and
everything builds just fine.

By my understanding, development on Windows pretty much always requires
both a C compiler and a platform SDK installation, so this shouldn't be
anything new to people building apps from source on Windows.

So, it seems we can remove setupapi.h from CVS, and add notes to
INSTALL.windows that the platform SDK is required.

Marco: Do you agree?