Stephen Warren wrote:
> Phil,
>
> Attached is a file that exposes Python bindings for libconcord, up to
> date with the latest CVS, and (partially) tested using congruity.
>
> I propose we place it into libconcord/bindings/python/libconcord.py.

There's where I'd planned to put bindings as well, though I'm going to hold
off on merging for the moment. I'm almost done with my perl bindings and
want to make sure after seeing two sets of bindings that I still want them
there.

> Re: The license. I suppose since this file is essentially derived from
> libconcord.h, it must be GPL 3? If so, are you OK with it being LGPL 3
> instead of full GPL 3, to allow non-GPL applications to use it? Either
> way, feel free to replace the license header as needed for you to commit it.

They wouldn't be able to use your bindings in anyway, because they'd be
linking against libconcord which isn't LGPL3, it's GPL3. Releasing LGPL
bindings to a GPL library doesn't really make sense.

In addition, since part of the goal of the license we chose (there were
quite a few discussions between Kevin and I on the phone) was to prevent
proprietary use of the code, I'd have to say I'd like to to be full GPL.

> Hopefully if the file is in the concordance repository, changes to
> libconcord.h will be reflected there too (or at least, I'll send you
> patches before header updates make it into an official release.)

Agreed 100%. Let me finish up the perl stuff and I'll get them both merged.
Thanks!

(BTW, I hate perl's XS. It's evil.)
--
Phil Dibowitz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming