On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Phil Dibowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  This is odd, I get great reception with my 880. Either the 5 series us
>  significantly less powered than the 8 series, or your batteries are very
> weak.

I think it's the battery as well.

>  As for the one-file-per-key, does the official software allow you to learn
>  more than one at a time?

Sadly I don't have access to a Windows machine nor a Mac, so I can't
tell, really.
But the webinterface, and the XML file leads me to believe that it
does support it. But I do believe that it involves quite a bit of
communicating to the server to tell it that you've moved on to the
next key. (it keeps track of that)
And for some keys, such as the Teletext key and the red key make the
connection bad, at least after setting those, I had to reboot the
remote in order to get it identified again.
I'll try it again this weekend, and make a list of the keys that break
the identification until reboot.

greetings,
Marcel de Jong