On Sunday 15 June 2008, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> I think you missed the point. It wasn't the 8.x that was the problem. It
> was assigning a version number.

Well, advocacy was never my business - but I'm getting it..
OK then, I'll keep my hands off any number that does not go into some
computation, and let Stephen do his maintainer job.

> This is fantastic! We have (as I'm sure you've seen), lots of Windows
> users very stuck on the build process. As with everything else though,
> I'd prefer to see this in the form of a patch - both for the sln/windows
> build files and for the READMEs.

Well, in the first place it's been a whole new file for me, that just
happened to have the words 'INSTALL' and 'windows' in its name...
And I must admit that, due to some problems with the different line
terminators apparently, I so far failed to get a usable patch file for
the windows build files that wasn't 100% old out and 100% new in.

> Sounds great! I'm really excited about this effort. Unfortunately I
> still haven't had a chance to review it at all. My apologies for that,
> but spare time for me is still probably another 2 weeks out. I haven't
> forgotten though - it's at the top of my TODO-when-I-have-2-moments-free
> list.

You're welcome - whenever you're ready, you're ready..

Andreas