Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Jeff Dairiki wrote:
>> Hi Phil,

>>> I think I know what's going on. Can you try the attached patch? It'll still
>>> fail, but it'll print out some useful information for me.
>> Err is definitely zero just before the call to HID_ReadReport().
>> HID_ReadReport() returns -110.
>
> OK, I think the deal is that some models return a response, and others
> don't. Easy enough, we'll just ignore the return value of the read - the
> data is not necessary. We have to clear the buffers by reading for devices
> that have given us data, but it's not data we ever do anything. So we'll
> attempt a read and move on with life. Patch forthcoming.

Err, I slightly misspoke. My patch's comments explain it though:

        /*
         * For some models, they return a RESPONSE_DONE, and we have to read
         * it otherwise otherwise next command will fail.
         * However, other devices don't return this, in which case the read
         * failes.
         * So, if the read succeeds, we check the response, otherwise we just
         * move on with life.
         */

Committed. Please confirm that works for you?

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming