Oh definitely, getting these to work would be a big win for concordance :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Dibowitz [mailto:p...@ipom.com]
Sent: 29 December 2008 11:33
To: concordance-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [concordance-devel] Harmony One Support

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:44:29AM -0000, Kevin Wright wrote:
> Personally, I'm not so bothered about firmware updates for the
> 1000/1000i/one/etc, but particularly keen to see these modules being
> configurable via concordance.
>
> My personal goal is a near-complete replacement of the existing
> harmony software which, quite frankly, sucks and does a great
> disrespect to the otherwise fantastic hardware.
>

> I guess the current hurdle is to support the tcp-over-usb
> communications that these newer models support.  I'm an experienced
> developer looking to contribute, and planned to start by
> decompiling/analysing some of the java classes used by the "official"
> drivers.  Obviously, I'd first like to know what progress has already
> been made in this direction so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel!

I managed to get one of them to DHCP and get the basic tcp-over-usb working.
It's not a pleasant experience, but it's possible. I can find the notes on
that if you're interested.

The problem is we've had little or no luck getting beyond that -
understanding the actual protocol that's used within the TCP packets...

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';  Never do it in 'awk' if
'sed' can handle it;  Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;  Never
invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;  Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible"
-- Taylor's Laws of Programming