On Friday 04 December 2009 06:17:01 am Matt Daemon wrote:
> Harmony RF remotes have RF extender which can be connected to computer
> through USB. Do you think it would be possible to use this extender as
> receiver, that is to connect it to computer and write a software which
> captures signals which the remote sends to the extender? That way the
> signals could be mapped to key presses and hopefully it would help to get
> rid of all the delays.

A lot of people have success with the PS3 Blu-ray remote and a bluetooth
dongle:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sony_PS3_BD_Remote

I use one on an actual PS3 and it's the most responsive remote I have ever
used. I wish Logitech would make a native bluetooth remote, and I certainly
wish other manufacturers would put bluetooth control into their devices.

--
James Oakley
jf...@funktronics.ca