Hi Scott,

concordance -iv gives

   Concordance 0.23
   Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
   This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

   libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/006/003: Permission denied.
   libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.
   ERROR: Couldn't initializing libconcord: Error connecting or finding
   the remote

Ergo, no write access besides root, so that' s the problem. But how come I have no write access, while

/etc/udev/rules.d/

contains

99-libconcord.rules

and I am a member of the dialout group?

The rules are seen by the system indeed, as this lines in the messages show (from the time I tried to access the remote)

   Mar  9 21:53:36 linux-onme udevd[446]: BUS= will be removed in a
   future udev version, please use SUBSYSTEM= to match the event
   device, or SUBSYSTEMS= to match a parent device, in
   /etc/udev/rules.d/99-libconcord.rules:4
   Mar  9 21:53:36 linux-onme udevd[446]: SYSFS{}= will be removed in a
   future udev version, please use ATTR{}= to match the event device,
   or ATTRS{}= to match a parent device, in
   /etc/udev/rules.d/99-libconcord.rules:7

These are warnings only, most certainly.

All this is more a Linux-related problem than having to to anything with concordance, I' m afraid.. Still, I would be grateful for thinking with me.

Jogchum