On 03/10/2012 06:12 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-03-10 at 20:36 -0500, Scott Talbert wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
>>
>>> Op 10-03-12 20:23, Scott Talbert schreef:
>>>       grep dialout /etc/group
>>>
>>>       grep dialout /etc/group
>>>       dialout:x:16:jogchum
>>>
>>> So, apparently the group exists. Which comes to no suprise with me, since I
>>> added myself to this group trough Yast, the sysadmin tool from OpenSuse.
>>>
>>> But why these udev rules are not obliged (they *are* seen, as I demonstrated
>>> in the messages log some posts before in this tread)? Can it be that the new
>>> systemd in OpenSuse 12.1 kicks in here? Should I post questions on the
>>> opensuse forums (but, cross posting is not netiquette, I know)?
>>
>> One thing you could try is to change the "SYSFS" in the relevant udev rule
>> to "ATTR" to see if that might fix it.
>>
>> But yes, you should at the very least file a bug with OpenSUSE as this
>> sounds like a problem with their packaging of concordance.
>
> Scott - I mailed a fairly large patch to this list back in January,
> together with extensive explanation / justification, which should
> considerably improve the behaviour of libconcord in re udev on modern
> distros. I didn't hear any kind of reply, though. I was hoping it would
> be merged upstream.

Sorry, I completely missed that email. Lemme go find it and reply.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss