>> For figuring out how to make the final contact to the website, for
>> example, in an update config.  Here's an example:
>> 1. Write new config to remote.
>> 2. Reset remote (calls deinit_concord()).
>> 3. Contact website to tell it that everything's good.  Fails because the
>> operation file has been deleted.
>
> Ah. Just nuke those lines then, no need to comment them out. However, we
> should probably delete this... somewhere. Just to be clean.

Will be removed in v3.

>> OperationFile was causing a glibc memory free error in its destructor
>> because, in some cases, the "data" pointer is being set to point to
>> something inside the xml structure.  Basically, it ended up trying to
>> free
>> memory that it didn't allocate.  I put this in to make sure it only
>> tried
>> to free memory it allocated.
>
> Ohh!! Ha, I remember running into that and thinking I needed to track that
> down. Good call... but add a comment, please.

Comment added in v3.

>>> I'm starting to feel like the CRemoteZ_TCP class should be renamed
>>> CRemot=
>>> eZ_USB.
>>
>> Heh, probably.  :)
>
> Wanna do that? Having 3 different definitions of TCP makes me cry.

Done in v3.

>> The usblan remotes don't seem to be packet-size limited like the regular
>> zwave remotes are.  1033 seems to be the largest packet that we
>> currently
>> need to send (the COMMAND_WRITE_UPDATE_DATA can send up to a 1024 byte
>> data packet, plus the various header bytes, equals 1033).
>
> Wanna turn that into a DEFINE with a sane name? And - I know it's not code
> you
> were touching, but bonus points if you do it for the HID size too :)

v3.

>> Well, there isn't really an ACK for us to check since for usblan
>> remotes,
>> there isn't really an ACK.  Unlike the regular zwave remotes that seem
>> have the two types of messages "UDP" and "TCP", the usblan remotes seems
>> to have just one type, I guess because you already have a real TCP
>> connection with the remote, there was no need to try and fake it out.
>> The
>> main problem with combining regular zwave stuff with usblan stuff is
>> that
>> the response byte ordering differs, so we would have to do different
>> checks for each.  It could be done, but may not be worth the effort?
>
> Hmm. Definitely not worth it at this point, given that... but it bugs me
> we
> have so many functions that are _almost_ the same. I may come back to this
> at
> some point.

Yeah.  At one point, I thought about trying to write a function to
transform the parameter format back and forth between USBNET and HID, but
I wasn't sure it would be worth the effort, especially with all the TCP
"funky ACK" stuff that the HID needs and USBNET doesn't.

>> Well, the existing regular zwave code only writes to region 4 "USER
>> CONFIG" as well.  There isn't any code for updating firmware or anything
>> like that.
>
> Yeah. I think with later remotes even doing a config update will have to
> write
> to more than one region...

I guess we shall have to see.

>>> Can you explain how this stuff goes together? Either in the docs/
>>> directo=
>>> ry or
>>> at as part of the patch description or in comments, or some combination
>>> t=
>>> hereof?
>>
>> Yes.  This is another area where the Harmony software was grabbing some
>> data and I figured we should probably grab that data, too, so we can
>> send
>> it to the website.  I don't know if it is actually required, though.
>
> So we just make an HTTP request to the remote which gets us ... some data
> which we send to the site? Oh - this is probably how you program/set/do
> stuff
> with the RF extender thing...

Yes, we make an http request to the remote, which returns us some XML.  We
just save off this XML and send it to the website when we communicate with
it.

Scott