On 07/30/2013 08:09 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 07/30/2013 12:25 AM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> On 07/23/2013 08:15 PM, Scott Talbert wrote:
>>> Use the normal byte ordering for them.  Additionally, we were off
>>> by one byte when copying the the serial number data in
>>> UDP_Read().
>>
>> Applied.
>>
>> Thanks, this format works great. I like this workflow quite a lot.
>>
>> Though I understand why the kernel maintainers are so picky about
>> commit messages now... this flow doesn't give you the opportunity
>> to tweak the message at the last second.
>
> You can edit the saved email, or simply run git commit --amend after
> it's been applied. If you apply a bunch of patches in a batch, you can
> use git rebase -i to edit commit messages further back. You likely
> want to do all that before you push though.

AFAIK, you can't amend commits by another person, and commit happens in the
tree as you.

And yes, I can manually modify the mailbox, but that's a PITA.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss