http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/GSaulB/TM

      1. Re: CXS page (fy: (Mis)Naming a Language)
           From: taliesin the storyteller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      2. Re: word separation (was:Hobbits spoke ?)
           From: Rodlox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      3. Re: i-Mutation
           From: Trebor Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      4. Re: CXS page (fy: (Mis)Naming a Language)
           From: Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      5. Re: i-mutation
           From: Trebor Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      6. Re: CXS page (fy: (Mis)Naming a Language)
           From: Jan van Steenbergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      7. a few Na-Dené questions
           From: Rodlox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:10:55 +0200
   From: taliesin the storyteller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: CXS page (fy: (Mis)Naming a Language)

* Jan van Steenbergen said on 2004-10-30 15:06:34 +0200
>  --- Henrik Theiling skrzypszy:
>
> > If you like, take a look at my web-page with a comparison of IPA,
> > X-Sampa and CXS:
> >
> >    http://www.theiling.de/ipa/
>
> And excellent page! However, if I may make one small suggestion: add
> a font tag with a few Unicode fonts. Like: <FONT FACE="Code2000,
> Thryomanes, Gentium, Lucida Sans Unicode, Arial Unicode, etc.">

Always incorrect these days :) correct, oh, some seven years ago.

> Because frankly, I only got it working after copying the source and
> adding such a tag myself.

The correct way is to tell what encoding it is, is to put it in the
header/preamble. HTML 3.2 defaults to iso-8859-1. It is set explicitly
in the header in this case...

But AFAIK 3.2 couldn't care less.

For 4.0, the default is unicode, so I suggest simply replacing the line

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

with

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd";>

(with no linebreak)

I'd also suggest running the page through for instance tidy
<http://tidy.sourceforge.net/> as the code is rather ugly to read by
hand and it'll collect all the style-information in one handy block.

t., who used to know way too much about these things. GO bad memory!

Message: 2