http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/GSaulB/TM

      1. Re: Conlanging in the news
           From: Paul Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      2. Re: Conlanging in the news
           From: Henrik Theiling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      3. Re: Conlanging in the news
           From: Benct Philip Jonsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:26:10 -0400
   From: Paul Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Conlanging in the news

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Don't forget Victoria Fromkin (Blade I)...

Don't forget that a member of this very list (whose identity I *keep*
forgetting, try as I might to remember it -- was it Matt Pearson?) was
approached to reconstruct Fromkin's work for Blade II, but the deal
fell apart over money wranglings (essentially they offered as a *total*
fee the amount the linguist in question basically felt was suitable
*per hour*), and the vampires in the second film (I don't know about
the third, as I still have yet to see it) speak "subtitled gibberish"
unrelated to Fromkin's language.

A reasonable amount of fun was had at the time, producing competing
transliterations and interlinears of the dialog from Blade I.

Paul

Message: 2