The issue would would find its way into court when the state
subsequently (in response to newly prevailing "public norms and
values") enacted a law that effectively nullified the arbitration
clause. In that context, I think the constitutional issues are framed
in Contract Clause jurisprudence, which recognizes the canon of
contract construction that surrenders of sovereign authority must
appear in unmistakable terms, Charles River Bridge and Bowen, 477
U.S. 41, 52 (1986); the doctrine that a government may not in any
event contract to surrender certain reserved powers, Stone v.
Mississippi, 101 U.S. 814 (1880);  and the principle that a
Government's sovereign acts do not give rise to a claim for breach of
contract, Horowitz, 267 U.S. 458, 460 (1925)." US v. Winstar, 518
U.S. 839 (1996) provides an overview of the very cloudy landscape .

John Noble