>From my days in family law (upon which I can look fondly because I'm not
practicing in that area now), the case will probably turn on whether he gets
joint legal, as opposed to merely physical custody.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scarberry, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 12:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: And on another 9th Circuit note

Thanks to Gregg for this information. The article notes that Newdow was
granted joint custody, not sole custody, and suggests that his rights under
the joint custody order--the terms of which are not yet set--may be more
limited than would usually be the case.

Mark S. Scarberry
Pepperdine University School of Law