Was the child not yet born at the time of the misrepresentations, or also
at the time of the lawsuit? If it's just the former, it's not much
different from the fairly common type of lawsuit where children sue
doctors for malpractice that occurred when the child was still a fetus in
the womb (I'm assuming, of course, that the employer's misrepresentations
related to matters material to the child's interests).